.NET Core Extension Pack
This extension pack packages some of the most popular (and some of my favorite) .NET Core related extensions. If you like it, please leave your
Rating & Review and share with your friends. If you have any idea on how to improve this extension pack, I'm looking forwarded to hear from you. Just let me know your awesome ideas! 😊
- It provides rich language support for C# and is shipped along with C# Dev Kit. Powered by a Language Server Protocol (LSP) server, this extension integrates with open source components like Roslyn and Razor to provide rich type information and a faster, more reliable C# experience.
- Learn more about the rich features of the C# extension:
- C# Dev Kit
- C# Dev Kit helps you manage your code with a solution explorer and test your code with integrated unit test discovery and execution, elevating your C# development experience wherever you like to develop (Windows, macOS, Linux, and even in a Codespace).
- IntelliCode for C# Dev Kit
- .NET Runtime Install Tool
- This extension installs and manages different versions of the .NET Runtime.
- C# Namespace Autocompletion
- Use the
namespace-fill snippet to insert full namespace autocompletion for C#
- C# Extensions
- The Quick Actions is really a productivity saver.
- New C# Class
- New C# Interface
- New C# Enum
- New C# Controller
- New C# Api Controller
- New C# Razor Page
- C# XML Documentation Comments
- Type "///", it auto-generates an XML doucumentation comment.
- Better Comments
- It will highlight important comments in your code.
// * hightlight information
// ! hightlight important stuff
// ? hightlight some questions
// TODO: highlight TODOs
// @param PARAM highlight parameter info
- Paste JSON as Code (Refresh)
quicktype infers types from sample JSON data, then outputs strongly typed models and serializers for working with that data in your desired programming language. For more explanation, read A first look at quicktype.
- It supports
JSON Schema. I have to say THIS IS AWESOME! Just try it.
- C# to TypeScript
- Convert C# Models, ViewModels and DTOs into their TypeScript equivalents.
- Useful keyboard shortcuts:
Alt + / - Run C# to TypeScript (To Clipboard) command
Alt + . - Run C# to TypeScript (Paste As) command
- TODO Highlight
- This can let you list all the
// TODO: comments in the project. Neats!
- REST Client
- REST Client allows you to send HTTP request and view the response in Visual Studio Code directly.
- NuGet Package Manager
- It lets you easily add or remove NuGet package references to/from your project's
.fsproj files using Code's Command Palette.
- MSBuild project tools
- It provides MSBuild language service which contains intellisense for MSBuild project files, including auto-complete for
- .NET Core Tools
- Right click on a
.sln file in the explorer, then you can run .NET Core commands (Build/Run/Test) from context menu.
- Path Intellisense
- This provide you IntelliSense when entering
<ProjectReference Inlcude="..." /> path.
- Version Lens
- Shows the latest version for each package using code lens.
.NET Core Productivity
- NuGet Gallery
- It makes installing and uninstalling NuGet packages much easier just like Vsual Studio!
NuGet: Open NuGet Gallery command to open NuGet Gallery window.
- .NET Core User Secrets
- Extension mimicking Visual Studio's "Manage User Secrets" functionality.
- Right-click on a
.csproj file in the Explorer and select "Manage User Secrets" from the context menu to insert auto-generated
UserSecretsId element and/or open associated
- .NET Core Add Reference
- Add or remove project references for your .NET Core projects.
- Right-click on a
.csproj file in the Explorer and select "Add Reference" from the context menu.
- You can Add or Remove project references by using the same "Add Reference" from the context menu.
- Protobuf 3 support for Visual Studio Code
- Run Terminal Command
- Run predefined terminal commands from Explorer context menu or Command Palette.
ASP.NET Core Productivity
- Essential ASP.NET Core Snippets
- High quality ASP.NET Core snippets for Visual Studio Code.
- It contains C#, ASP.NET Core, Razor, JSON (
appsettings.json), EF Core, SignalR, gRPC snippets.
- Most of the snippets are context-aware. The snippet suggestion only show up when filename pattern match.
- Here are some of the most used snippets:
api-controller: Generates API Controller class
mvc-action: Generates MVC Action
api-action: Generates API Action
ef-dbcontext: Generates API Controller class
ConnectionStrings section in
ConnectionStrings item in
ConnectionStrings item in
- ASP.NET Core Switcher
- Switch between Page and it's PageModel (
alt + o)
- Switch between View and Controller (
alt + i)
- Create View for Action (
alt + p)
- LibMan Tools
- Basic LibMan support for VSCode
- Blazor Snippet Pack
- A snippet pack for Blazor.
- It providing Language support for
- It can also add local
.gitignore by pulling file from the the github/gitignore repository.
- EditorConfig for VS Code
- EditorConfig Support for Visual Studio Code
- .NET Core EditorConfig Generator
- The Generate .editorconfig for C# project command can generate a Roslyn-inspired
.editorconfig file just for any C# projects.
- Peek Hidden Files
- Toggle visibility of excluded files. You can easily toggle hidden
obj folders in your project.
Some other extensions you may need (Optional)
Visual Studio Code
renderCharacters feature in minimap can improve display performance.
MSBuild project tools
If you'd like to configure all the
*.csproj file that associate with
MSBuild language mode. You can use the following user settings in your VSCode.