.NET FastIoT VS Code Extension
.NET FastIoT Extension in Visual Studio Code Marketplace.
README in English | README на русском языке | DevDotNet.ORG (Russian) - latest news | Habr.com (Russian) - Easy development of IoT applications in C # for Raspberry Pi and other SBCs, on Linux.
This extension allows you configures an ARMv7 or ARMv8 Linux embedded device to run .NET applications, and configures
*.csproj projects for remote debugging via an ssh-tunnel. This has been tested on Windows (64 bits).
Devices supported: Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, Orange Pi, Radxa, Tinkerboard, Odroid, Khadas VIM, NanoPi, Pine.
.NET FastIoT Extension UI
- Easy installation of .NET SDK, .NET Runtimes, .NET Debugger (vsdbg), Libgpiod libraries, Docker for Linux;
- Creating a project from a ready-made template with the possibility of remote debugging;
- Setting up existing projects on .NET for remote debugging;
- Creation of custom project templates and remote debugging configuration;
- Managing device overlay files (Device Tree overlays). Required to enable/disable devices such as I2C, SPI, PWM, etc. More details in the publication Working with GPIO. Part 2. Device Tree overlays.
- OS version. Windows 10 (x64). A Linux version will come later;
- Visual Studio Code. version 1.78.0 or higher;
- .NET. Compiling a C# project requires .NET SDK depending on the version of your project you are using (the extension itself is not required to work);
Additional extensions required for developing .NET applications:
Recommended additional extensions that improve the development process and interaction with the remote device:
- NuGet Package Manager GUI - adding Nuget packages (later the Nuget package manager will be built into the extension);
- DeviceTree - Syntax support for Device Tree (DT) files. Used to edit
*.dts files. For example, it will be necessary if it becomes necessary to adapt the SPI LCD ILI9341 display for your SBC;
- Output Colorizer - adds color to the test messages in the OUTPUT window, makes it easier to perceive the information provided by the extension.
System requirements for the device
- Processor. ARMv7 or ARMv8;
- OS version. Linux distribution based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or later (Focal Fossa), or Debian 10.11 or later (Buster). It is recommended to use the distribution kit Armbian.
See Getting started.
See Extension settings.
For troubleshooting, see the Troubleshooting guide.
How to create templates visit the page Project Templates.
For additional documentation for the project, visit the Additional materials page.
This software is licensed under the LGPL-3.0.
See LICENSE for details.
Project Templates for projects are distributed under the license MIT.
Send your comments to
email@example.com. And check in Issues.
See ISSUES and Issues on GitHub.
Testing was performed on single-board computers: