Graal Cloud Native is a cloud-agnostic development framework, built on top of
Micronaut. Using Graal Cloud Native you can write once and then run the same code on multiple cloud platforms.
This extension provides a wizard to easily create a new Graal Cloud Native project.
Create New Project Wizard
The wizard can generate different types of Graal Cloud Native applications and serverless applications. You can select the Graal Cloud Native features you want your project to include.
Go to View, Command Palette, search for "Graal Cloud Native", and invoke the Graal Cloud Native: Create New Project command.
Follow the command prompts to generate a new Maven or Gradle project. For example, to create a simple Java-based Graal Cloud Native application:
- Select the Micronaut version
- Select an Application type
- Select an installed JDK
- Provide a name for the project
- Provide a base package
- Pick the Graal Cloud Native services to be included in the project
- Select a build tool: Maven or Gradle
- Select a unit test framework: JUnit, Spock, Kotest
- Select cloud providers to support: OCI and/or AWS; Note: you need to select OCI if you want OCI DevOps support
Finally, you are asked where to save your new project. You then choose to open it in a new VS Code window or add it to a Workspace in the current VS Code window.
You now have a new Graal Cloud Native application, complete with example code showing you how to start using Graal Cloud Native.
Provide Feedback or Seek Help