This is an extension pack of Visual Studio Extensions, that I personally use and with this I'd like to share them with you.
I will write summary for each and how it helps me.
- Shows multiple file icons inside Solution Explorer for each file extension types.
- This is really convenient when working in solution that has resources,
content files, libraries, config files to better differenciate between them.
- Shows additional information in scroll-bar. Like other occurences of selected text, etc.
- This is a must-have for me. It greatly improves navigation inside one file,
when I want to find other occurences of some word without using 'Find'.
Microsoft Child Process Debugging Power Tool:
- It automagically attaches debugger to any new child processes that are created from already debugging application.
- This is espeacially usefull when debugging something at the startup of child process,
because there is often small time window to attach. With this it is no effort.
Shrink Empty Lines:
- Reduces height of empty lines in code, resulting in more code visible to you.
- For me, it is really convenient to see much more code than without this extension.
SwitchStartupProject for VS 2019 (Preview):
- Adds combobox in top toolbar for switching between startup projects. Definitions are in config file with repository and it supports multiple startup projects as well.
- For developing CP3 it is really convenient for switching between 3 startup projects (server+agent+client) and other projects
SwitchStartupProject for VS 2017:
Trailing Whitespace Visualizer:
- Renders unnecessary spaces in code with red background.
- This is a must-have. It greatly reduces noise when doing code reviews, because there are a lot less diff lines.
- Adds color to build output window.
- It is awesome for quickly identifying if build fails (red lines),
so it gives faster feedback about the build even before it finishes.