DevExpress Reports extension for VS Code
DevExpress Reports is a cross-platform reporting tool and component library for the .NET ecosystem. The DevExpress Reports VS Code Extension allows license holders to create and edit reports/documents using our Visual Studio Code Report Designer for the following platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Install the Report Designer extension.
- Open extension settings and specify your DevExpress NuGet Feed API key.
- Open the folder/workspace that contains a project or solution (.csproj or .sln) where you would like to create new DevExpress Reports in the
*.repx format (or with existing report template files).
F1 and call the
DX Reporting: Start Designer to create an empty config file. Wait for the VS Code notification that the Report Designer is ready to use.
- Modify the config file according to your requirements. Refer to the list of supported Report Designer settings below:
DataBindingMode (Expressions | DataBindings | ExpressionsAdvanced) — Sets up the Report Designer data binding mode.
SqlConnectionStrings — Defines the collection of available SQL-based data sources. Make certain to use the
XpoProvider prefix within the connection string. Refer to our Database Systems help topic for additional information in this regard.
JsonConnectionStrings — Defines the collection of available JSON data sources.
ReportsDirectory — Stores a path to the directory with report templates.
ReportUrlsMap — Stores a collection of report names associated with report template files.
A sample config file looks as follows:
"ReportsDirectory" : "PredefinedReports",
F1 and enter
DX Reporting: New Report to create a new DevExpress Report and open it in Report Designer.
- Use the
DX Reporting: New Project command to create sample reporting applications for ASP.NET Core, Blazor and Angular platforms.
- Use the
DX Reporting: New Report command to create a new DevExpress Report.
- Modify existing report layouts and save changes to our native
- Bind reports to SQL and JSON data.
- Display a report preview and print/export reports.
- Choose a report designer theme in the extension settings.
This extension is available as an Early Access Preview (EAP). Known limitations include the following:
- The extension only supports v23.1 of DevExpress UI libraries.
- You can only create/edit reports in our native *.repx format. No C# class files are supported.
- The extension only supports SQL and JSON data sources.
💭 To report bugs and share feedback, please submit a support ticket via the DevExpress Support Center.
📣 Let us know what you think by submitting your vote to our survey.