Visual Studio Code Theme (dark)
- Syntax adjusted to give more vivid and warmer colours.
- Colouring of folder/file tree pane simplified (using css inject extension).
- Bracket Pair Colorizer not recommended with this theme as it might be adding to much color sprinkle.
Main Window (Java Script syntax coloring):
Java Script (module):
Java Script Typescript:
Java Script (object):
Java Script React:
Java Script Vue (template):
Java Script Vue (script):
Settings for some extensions used
- Icon theme: Material Icon Theme
- Change looks of scrollbars and folder tree labels (or any other element of VSCode):
- Open VSCode
Command Palette and type in
Reload Custom CSS and JS(more on how to use your own .css file to change looks of VSCode on Custom CSS extension page)
- You can alter looks of any VSCode window element with CSS (it is just a fancy website running in Electron/Chrome executable) by adding CSS classes to the
overrides.css file like you would for any other website
- Alternate indent lines
"indenticator.color.dark": "rgb(1, 162, 226)",
4. Error Lens
- Font: DejaVu Sans Mono - Bront
"editor.fontFamily": "'DejaVu Sans Mono - Bront', Input, Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace",
- [ ] Create different colour themes and allow user to switch between palettes
- [ ] Allow users to assign their own colours to theme elements through VScode [
Settings] menu and
- [ ] Python Syntax - missing class(?) decorator
- [ ] Rust Syntax - missing variable decorator
- [ ] Improve bracket pair highlighting
- [x] Consider toning down folder tree CSS color
Feedback welcome on Github.
If you can help adding syntax missing for your favourite language (or you can point to a theme that has the syntax working) or have suggestions for colours that are assigned incorrectly - hit the keyboard!