This extension just provides
google-photos-uploader: Upload image and replace command.
The command will do all the step shown below:
- extract img path from your markdown text
- upload to Google Photos
- replace img path to Google Photos published url
Keep in mind that this plugin will publish all images the target markdown file referencing to all over the world.
See google-photos-uploader の製作背景と技術的解説
How to install
In extension tab on vscode, search
google photos and you can find
Google Photos Uploader(unofficial). Click
How to use
Open command palet(
google-photos-uploader: Upload image and replace command and execute.
This plugin sometimes request you OAuth2 Authentication.
In this case, default browser will be started.
- Select Google acount and login
- Authorize these parmissions.
- Authorize these parmissions again!(I don't know why authorize phase are duplicated)
- Sucess! Go back to vscode.
Because of Google Photos API limitation, albums you can add photos must be created by this plugin.
So, you have 3 choices to upload images.
- I don't want to add photos to albums: not tested
- create a new album
- select album already created by this plugin
When you chose
create a new album, you need to specify the new album name.
Please wait for seconds
On this phase, this plugin executes below:
- extract image path
- upload image (depend on the total image size and your traffic speed, showing progress info)
- register images to the album
- get published image URL
- replace image path to the URL
Image count per album limitation
Currently, do not make the situation that over 500 images in the album which you specified.