This extension just provides
google-photos-uploader: Upload image and replace command.
The command will do all the step shown below:
- extract img path from your markdown text
- upload to Google Photos
- replace img path to Google Photos published url
Keep in mind that this plugin will publish all images the target markdown file referencing to all over the world.
How to install
In extension tab on vscode, search
google photos and you can find
Google Photos Uploader(unofficial). Click
How to use
Open command palet(
google-photos-uploader: Upload image and replace command and execute.
This plugin sometimes request you OAuth2 Authentication.
In this case, default browser will be started.
- Select Google acount and login
- Authorize these parmissions.
- Authorize these parmissions again!(I don't know why authorize phase are duplicated)
- Sucess! Go back to vscode.
Because of Google Photos API limitation, albums you can add photos must be created by this plugin.
So, you have 3 choices to upload images.
- I don't want to add photos to albums: not tested
- create a new album
- select album already created by this plugin
When you chose
create a new album, you need to specify the new album name.
Please wait for seconds
On this phase, this plugin executes below:
- extract image path
- upload image (depend on the total image size and your traffic speed, showing progress info)
- register images to the album
- get published image URL
- replace image path to the URL
Image count per album limitation
Currently, do not make the situation that over 500 images in the album which you specified.