This extension just provides
google-photos-uploader: Upload image and replace command.
The command will do all the step shown below:
- extract img path from your markdown text
- upload to Google Photos
- replace img path to Google Photos published url
Currently, to get img url, we are using
baseUrl that is valid only for 60 minutes. DO NOT USE THIS PLUGIN UNTIL THIS BUG IS TO BE FIXED.
How to use
Open command palet(
google-photos-uploader: Upload image and replace command and execute.
This plugin sometimes request you OAuth Authentication.
In this case, default browser will be started.
- Select Google acount and login
- Authorize these parmissions
- Authorize these parmissions again!(I don't know why authorize phase are duplicated)
- Copy auth token(DO NOT TELL THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE)
- Go back to vscode. Then, paste auto token.
Because of Google Photos API limitation, albums you can add photos must be created by this plugin.
So, you have 3 choices to upload images.
- I don't want to add photos to albums: not tested
- create a new album
- select album already created by this plugin
When you chose
create a new album, you need to specify the new album name.
Please wait for seconds
On this phase, this plugin executes below:
- extract image path
- upload image (depend on the total image size and your traffic speed, showing progress info)
- register images to the album
- get published image URL
- replace image path to the URL
Image syntax written in code blocks in lists will also be replaced due to markdown parse bug in