MemeAssembly Extension for Visual Studio Code
This extension provides languages support for MemeAssembly, a highly advanced x86-Assembly based programming language using only memes as commands.
- Compile & run the current MemeAssembly file using the Ctrl+M keyboard shortcut
- You can also open a
.memeasm file, switch to the command palette and execute the
MemeAssembly: Run current file command
- This command automatically finds referenced functions in your workspace files and adds them to the compile command
- Easy compiler installation and updates (Linux only)
- If you don't have the MemeAssembly compiler installed, the extension can install it for you
- You can also update the compiler at any time using
Update MemeAssembly compiler from the command palette
- Editor integration
- Autocomplete snippets for most commands
- Hover any command to get an explanation of what it does
- Jump to function definitions & references using your default "Go to Definition" & "Go to References" shortcuts
- This also works for jump/loop markers
- Code formatting
- Rename symbol: simply rename functions (also works across files), registers (within a function) and more!
- Comment toggling using default shortcuts
- Ctrl+K, Ctrl+C comments the current selection out
- Ctrl+K, Ctrl+U to comment the current selection in
- Syntax highlighting
- Also helps you spot syntax errors in your code (usually marked in red, depending on the theme)
The color theme used in the preview above is the Sunset Theme.
Help develop this extension
- Clone from GitHub
- Open directory in VSCode
- Press F5 to start VSCode with this extension for debugging
- A new window should open. From there, open some MemeAssembly files/directories, e.g. the ones from here.
- Do changes and reload the window with the extension
This extension is licensed under the MIT license. This excludes the MemeAssembly logo, which is licensed as per the GPLv3-license. See https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.