This extension provides development support for App Center projects.
NOTE: Currently it supports only React-Native based apps.
How it works
There are several possible scenarios this extension solves:
- Start development of a new React Native application with App Center already configured:
Open an empty folder where you would like to create a new application.
Login to App Center using the status bar icon.
Login to Visual Studio Team Services using the status bar icon.
If you don't already have a personal access token to access your VSTS account you can go here to learn how to create one.
After logging in, click the App Center status bar to show possible menu options and choose
Start a new project.
You will be prompted to enter a new name for your project and select user or organization where you would like to create app in App Center.
- App Center sample app will be cloned into the repository you have provided (it will also have preconfigured for App Center Analytics/Crashes/CodePush SDK's)
- Two React Native apps (for iOS and Android) will be created in App Center (
- CodePush deployments will be created for both apps
- Apps will be automatically linked with corresponding iOS/Android secret keys and CodePush deployment keys
- Changes will be pushed to your remote repository
- New Testers Distribution Group will be created for every new app in App Center
Tip: If you enable
appcenter.api.configurebranchandstartnewbuild in extension sessings, the app will also be connected to your GH repository
master branch and new build will be started
- You will be notified when everything's finished and also we will automatically run
npm install and
pod update for you
Loading More data ...