VSCode Conventional Commits
Conventional Commits for VSCode.
This extension helps you to fill in commit message according to
- Respect commitlint configs.
- Support auto commit and push after typing messages. See
Commit Workflow for details.
- Support project level scope management.
- Support gitmojis.
You can access VSCode Conventional Commits in two ways:
Command + Shift + P or
Ctrl + Shift + P, enter
- Click the icon on the Source Control menu. See the image below.
The recommended workflow automatically add, commit and push files by default.
If you only want the extension to fill in the message, disable
The Recommended Workflow
- Active the extension.
- Type messages.
The extension will automatically add the changed files, perform the commit and
push the commit to remote.
How To Configure
autoCommit configuration of the extension. The extension enables
autoCommit by default.
git.enableSmartCommit and set
commit all changes when there are no staged changes.
Settings > git.postCommitCommand to
sync to run
- Switch to the VSCode
OUTPUT tab, select
- Copy all the output. Before sharing it, make sure you have omitted some
- How to add a line break in messages?
lineBreak configuration to
\n. When you're typing, enter
\n as a line