This extension allows you to interact with Cosmwasm contracts on local, testnet or mainnet chains
To get started with Cosmwasm Smart Contract development in vscode,
- Install Rustup by following the instructions here
- Install vscode from here
- Install Cosmy Wasmy from here or search for
Cosmy Wasmy in vscode Extensions sidebar.
- Run the
Setup Dev Environment command by opening the Command Palette in vscode (Windows: Ctrl+Shft+P, MacOS: Cmd+Shft+P, Linux: Ctrl+Shft+P) .
All the required components will now be installed for you to start your smart contract development.
To access all the Cosmwasm related features, click on the Cosmy Wasmy icon on the sidebar.
The extension by default connects to the Juno
uni-5 testnet. You can go to the settings and customize this to target your local instance or any other testnet.
- The seedphrases are stored in plaintext within vscode.
DO NOT USE YOUR ACTUAL WALLET SEED PHRASE WITH THIS EXTENSION
You can find detailed docs for each feature here:
- Settings - All the configuration exposed by the extension
- Commands - All the commands contributed by the extension
- Account - Generate, store and import keys
- Contract - Import and upload smart contracts
- Cosmwasm Interaction - Query, Execute Msg, Migrate and instantiate smart contracts.
- Snippets - Shortcuts to generate fns to query, execute msg and to write tests
Find release notes in CHANGELOG
- The extension has only been tested in Windows environment. However, there is no reason it shouldn't work in native Linux or Mac. Please create an issue if the extension doesn't behave the way expected
Big shoutout to aswever, lots of the feature inspirations came from cosmwasm.tools.
You can support this extension in the following ways:
Create issues for any bugs you encounter here
Share what features you might be interested here
Contribute code to the extension - PRs are always welcome
Share the extension with other devs 💜
If you would like to support me(spoo-bar) directly, you can donate to this address
Cosmos Hub -
This extension will never be paywalled. #DevsSupportingDevsByDevving