VSCode language features for the Hex Casting mod for Minecraft.
Note to VSCodium users: I don't plan on publishing this extension to Open VSX. I'm not a fan of the amount of personal information that the Eclipse Foundation requires me to make public.
However, if you'd like to install this extension manually, you can download the latest
.vsix file from the Visual Studio Marketplace page by clicking Download Extension in the right sidebar under Resources.
To get release notifications, go to the GitHub repo and click
Watch > Custom > Releases > Apply. Note that it may take a few minutes between the notification from GitHub and the update actually going live on the marketplace.
- Full syntax highlighting
- Pattern autocomplete for Hex Casting, Hexal, MoreIotas, Hexbound, HexTweaks, and HexKinetics
- Pattern hover text with name, arguments, mod name, angle signature, and a picture of the stroke order
- C-style line and block comments
- Snippets to speed up your workflow
#include support for Brigh's Gambit macros
- Language diagnostics/linting to highlight unknown patterns and invalid directives
- And more!
This extension contributes the following settings:
hex-casting.appendNewline: Controls whether the editor should insert a newline after selecting a pattern from the completion list. If set to
auto, only appends a newline if the next line is empty or a closing bracket.
hex-casting.diagnostics.enabled: Controls whether the editor should show diagnostics, such as warnings for unknown patterns.
hex-casting.inlayHints.internalNames.enabled: Enable/disable inlay hints for internal pattern names.
hex-casting.inlayHints.internalNames.modID.hexCasting: Add the mod ID to internal pattern names from Hex Casting.
hex-casting.inlayHints.internalNames.modID.otherMods: Add the mod ID to internal pattern names from addons.
hex-casting.inlayHints.macros.enabled: Enable/disable inlay hints for macros.
hex-casting.enabledMods: Controls which mods are enabled. Patterns from disabled mods will not be recognized or suggested. Currently, macros will still work if Hexal is disabled, but this may change in a future update.
- Many patterns show up twice in the completion list, because it's matching both the name and the translation.
- Pattern suggestions show up in block comments. See vscode#580.
Probably lots of things. This is my first extension, and as such, I'm sure there are many things I've unknowingly done wrong. Please report any issues you may find using the issue tracker.
src/data/registry.json is generated using this script in HexBug.
@d3bugIANgl17ch on Discord