AWS CLI Configure for Visual Studio Code
The AWS CLI Configure extension allows you to quickly access AWS CLI information and docs from Visual Studio Code.
The extension adds commands for the following:
- Open 'credentials' file
- Open 'config' file
- Open 'credentials' & 'config' files
- Browse the online docs
- Show [named] profile mapped to [default] in 'credentials'
- Set 'credentials' [default] profile to...
- Copy profile name from 'credentials'...
Copy profile name
Now the name is on the clipboard. Paste away!
Show named profile mapped to default
- Saving the 'credentials' file from VSCode or setting the default profile updates the status bar.
- Click the item in the status bar to set the [default] profile to a [named] profile.
Set default profile
To be able to set the [default] profile to a named profile, in the 'credentials' file each profile section must contain only two entries following one of these formats:
- aws_access_key_id & aws_secret_access_key
- role_arn & source_profile
This sample shows the
master-profile in one account that uses an access key and secret and three role profiles each in a seperate account that references the
master-profile as the source profile.
The [default] profile is set to
region and other entries in the
If a section in
credentials includes more than the required two entries and you try to set the default profile to it, you will get the following error:
No known issues
This software is released under MIT License
© Mark Tucker (@rmtuckerphx) & Contributors
Feedback and contributions welcome. Please leave a review.