IIS and IIS Express extension for Visual Studio Code
This extension gives you the power to run web apps from a folder opened in Visual Studio Code using IIS/IIS Express web server.
This is a free extension. If you find it useful to yourself or your business then you might consider sponsoring it on Github.
- Detect and launch Jexus Manager to enable the opened project on IIS/IIS Express web server.
- Multiple-folder workspace is fully supported.
- Access to most IIS/IIS Express configuration options.
- ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core/Blazor projects are fully supported.
- PHP support can be enabled manually.
- Node.js, Java, Python, Ruby, and Go support can be enabled by adding HttpPlatformHandler to IIS Express.
- CORS support can be enabled by adding IIS CORS module to IIS Express.
To learn more about Jexus Manager, you can visit its documentation site.
View | Command Pallette... to open the command list and search for the commands below,
- Launch IIS/IIS Express from here - Start Jexus Manager to perform IIS/IIS Express actions.
- Reset IIS/IIS Express selected config file - Change the config file Jexus Manager should use.
- Initially only IIS Express mode is supported. IIS mode is under development.
Release notes can be found at GitHub.