Github Codesearch extension for Visual Studio Code
This simple extension allows you to search for selected text from your VS Code editor in Github repositories.
The extension will open a new tab in your default browser with the search results for the highlighted text.
It is based on Github Search queries, whose official documentation can be found here: https://docs.github.com/en/search-github/searching-on-github
- Search for code in all Github repositories
- Possible to limit search scope to a specific organization, repositories or languages
- Hotkey support
The default keybinding for the extension is:
- For Mac:
Cmd + Shift + Alt + F
- For Windows:
Ctrl + Shift + Alt + F
It is available when you have some text selected in the editor.
This extension contributes the following settings:
- Description: Wrap search text in quotes.
- Description: Trim whitespaces from search text.
- Description: Search type. Possible values are
- Description: Limit search to an organization.
- Description: Limit search to one or more repositories. If organization is set, the repository name should be enough. Otherwise, the full repository path with organization must be used.
- Description: Limit search to one or more languages. The language names can be found on Github.
Add more customizable settings.
Initial release of Github Codesearch.