Karate for VS Code
Karate is an open-source test-automation framework.
This extension is brought to you by Karate Labs. Find it at the Visual Studio Marketplace or Open VSX Registry.
Ready To Run
No extra installation or setup is required. Everything needed to write and run Karate scripts is included.
K-Flow is an enterprise solution that solves for API documentation, with a focus on end-user workflows. The highlights are:
- A no-code interface for creating, editing and previewing these flows
- First-class support for OpenAPI and Swagger
- Export to pure-HTML for publishing or internal-collaboration
- Showing how multiple APIs are called in sequence as a business workflow
- Showing variations of a given API due to business-rules
K-Flow is a separate upgrade from Karate Pro. For more details on pricing and features, refer to our website.
How to Sign In
- Use the "Accounts" toolbar in VS Code (usually on the bottom left)
- Once signed-in, you will not be prompted again for 30 days
- New subscribers will be taken through a purchase flow
- You can manage your subscription at studio.karatelabs.io
- Pricing information can be found on our website
- Contact us if you need more information
See a 30 second video here.
- In Pro mode, a
Debug codelens appears next to the
Run >> option.
- Set break-points and even step-back in time.
- Save time with the hot-reload feature without needing to re-start your flow.
- Interact with a live session using the VS Code debug console.
See a 1 minute video here.
Easily switch run-mode.
Easily edit Karate run-options.
- Right-click in the explorer view to run all tests in a folder.
- You can even start mocks (see OpenAPI import for more about mocks).
See video here.
cURL and HAR Import
- You can double-click on unused space in the VS Code editor (tab) and use the text-editor as an import source.
- All supported formats supported via plain-text this way:
- Tests / Assertions JS
View summary and Feature / Scenario reports without leaving your IDE. This is especially useful when using a remote development environment such as GitHub Codespaces.
Watch this video to get a feel of the enhanced Developer-Experience.
You can also see all HTTP calls made during a test.
- Better IntelliSense & Auto-complete
- Improved syntax validation
- API request builder
- API mock builder
- Assertion builder
- Record API tests from browser
- Test case management