Filemaker syntax and snippets for Visual Studio Code.
Snippets, autocompletion, and syntax highlighting for FileMaker calculations.
The best way to install is via the VSCode extension marketplace. Search
Filemaker VSCode in the extensions tab within VSCode and click "install".
Or install from the marketplace site here
Autocomplete / Snippets
JSON to JSONSetElement() expression
Original syntax and snippets were ported from Donovan Chandler's textmate bundle, which was itself forked from Matt Petrowsky's repo.
Carson Lind created the icon artwork.
- Make sure you have NodeJS and npm installed: https://nodejs.org/en/
- Install vsce globally:
npm install -g vsce
- Make sure git is installed: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
- MacOS hint: just run this in terminal and you'll be prompted to install:
- Fork the GitHub repo.
- Clone your fork to your local machine:
- In terminal,
cd to the preferred directory.
git clone <the URL from the "Code" button on github>
- Open the project folder in VSCode to edit.
- When ready to test:
- Open the integrated terminal in VSCode and run
vsce package to create a package with a name like "filemaker-vscode-x.x.x.vsix"
- Install your test package like
code --install-extension filemaker-vscode-x.x.x.vsix
- shift-command-p to open the command pallete and search for/run "Developer: Reload Window(s)"
- Now test your extension in VSCode. Rinse, repeat until it works how you want.
- When ready, commit your changes and push them to your own fork on github.
git add .
git commit -m "message describing your change"
- Submit a pull request to my repo so I can try them out and pull them in and publish!