This VS Code extension provides support for the Julia programming language.
Installing Julia/VS Code/VS Code Julia extension
- Install Julia for your platform: https://julialang.org/downloads/
- Install VS Code for your platform: https://code.visualstudio.com/download
At the end of this step you should be able to start VS Code.
- Install the Julia VS Code extension:
- Start VS Code.
- Inside VS Code, go to the extensions view either by
View: Show Extensions command (click View->Command Palette...)
or by clicking on the extension icon on the left side of the VS Code
- In the extensions view, simply search for the term
julia in the marketplace
search box, then select the extension named
Julia and click the install button.
You might have to restart VS Code after this step.
Configure the Julia extension
If you have installed Julia into a standard location on Mac or Windows, or
if the Julia binary is on your
PATH, the Julia VS Code extension should
automatically find your Julia installation and you should not need to
If the extension does not find your Julia installation automatically, or
if you want to use a different Julia installation than the default one,
you can set the
julia.executablePath to point to the Julia executable
that the extension should use. In that case the
extension will always use that version of Julia. To edit your configuration
settings, execute the
Preferences: Open User Settings command (you can
also access it via the menu
then make sure your user settings include the
setting. The format of the string should follow your platform specific
conventions, and be aware that the backlash
\ is the escape character
in JSON, so you need to use
\\ as the path separator character on Windows.
The extension currently provides:
has sections that describe the features of this extension (including
e.g. keyboard shortcuts). This repo also has legacy docs in the
Questions, Feature requests and contributions
- If you face any issues, please open an issue here.
- For some known issues and their solutions, please visit the known issues and workarounds.
- If there is already an issue opened related to yours, please leave an upvote/downvote on the issue.
- Contributions are always welcome! Please see our contributing guide for more details.