foam-vscode is the VS Code extension for Foam.
ℹ️ foam-vscode doesn't do much on it's own. To learn how to use it, read Foam documentation and the Getting started guide.
⚠️ foam-vscode is extremely early stage software. Use at your own peril.
Quick getting started
You really, really, really should read Foam documentation, but if you can't be bothered, this is how to get started:
- Create a GitHub repository from foam-template. If you want to keep your thoughts to yourself, remember to set the repository private.
- Clone the repository and open it in VS Code.
- When prompted to install recommended extensions, click Install all (or Show Recommendations if you want to review and install them one by one).
This will also install
foam-vscode, but if you already have it installed, that's ok, just make sure you're up to date on the latest version.
- Create markdown references for
- Lauched automatically for workspaces that have a
- Run "Foam: Update Markdown Reference List" to use in a non-foam workspace
High tolerance for alpha-grade software.
Unused aren't removed from reference lists until you restart VS Code. This will be fixed in future versions.
See the CHANGELOG.