An extension that brings the Explorer view and more from Roblox Studio into Visual Studio Code.
This extension is currently under heavy development.
The extension can be installed from the Visual Studio Marketplace.
The extension can also be compiled and installed locally:
- Clone the repository
- Install Aftman, VSCE and the VSCode CLI
aftman install in the repository
just install in the repository to install the extension
- Add support for showing a file picker (
rbxmx) and inserting them into instances
- Implement remaining file tree operations - copy/cut/paste/paste into
- Implement drag & drop functionality for the file tree
.meta files not being renamed together with main file in rename/delete operations
- Integration with Wally
- Button for opening the wally manifest, similar to the one for the rojo manifest
- Hover cards for wally link files displaying name, version, desc, and link to wally page
- Special "package" icon for wally link files
- Properties panel
- Simple text view of properties
- Editing properties for simple
- Complex property editing for properties such as colors, vectors
- Editing properties for binary/xml files, maybe using Lune as a backend?
Icons and Attribution
- The Classic (also known as Silk) icon pack used in the extension was created by famfamfam and is licensed under CC BY 4.0
- The Vanilla version 2.1 icon pack used in the extension was created by Elttob and is licensed under CC BY-NC 4.0