CloudFormation YAML snippets for VS Code
A Visual Studio Code extension which contains the complete YAML snippet library for CloudFormation based on the AWS CloudFormation Resource Specification
- You can now use intrinsic functions snippets with this plugin in VS Code
- Same goes for condition functions.
- This extension is automatically updated every week when AWS releases/updates CloudFormation resources.
- It supports all resource types which are available in CloudFormation
- Intrinsic functions + conditions are supported
- Contains a whole bunch of parameter types
- Step 1. Install the extension
- Step 2. create a YAML file to start working on CloudFormation
- Step 3. Type cfn to get the basic template in which you can add your resources
- Step 4. Start adding adding resources by using their prefix name e.g.
autoscaling-autoscalinggroup equals resource type
Note: Once you start typing resource types, the corresponding snippet will show-up in the drowndown window.
If you have a feature request or an issue, please let me know on Github
Tips and tricks
If you want to boost your productivity even more with VS Code and CloudFormation. Check this article I wrote to help you level up your templating game!