Download DroidScript app from Google Play
What is DroidScript
DroidScript is an easy to use, portable coding tool which simplifies mobile App development. It dramatically improves productivity by speeding up development by as much as 10x compared with using the standard development tools.
Unlike other development tools which take hours to install and eat up gigabytes of disk space, you can install DroidScript start using it within 30 seconds!
About this extension
An extension to edit DroidScript project files directly in VS Code.
- Initialize local folder as DroidScript project.
- Edit DroidScript project files in VS Code.
- Add, rename and delete DroidScript files in VS Code.
- Run and Stop programs directly in VS Code.
- Local folders initialized as DroidScript project serves as back up. You can then use Git to back up your files on GitHub.
- DS Docs is directly in VS Code at DroidScript Panel section.
- Samples can be viewed, copy and run directly in VS Code.
- You should have DroidScript app installed in your phone.
- The phone and this laptop/desktop should be connected to the same WiFi network.
How to use?
Here are the steps in order to start editing your DroidScript projects in VS Code.
- Open DroidScript app on your phone and press the WiFi icon to start the DS WiFi IDE server. You should be able to see the IP Address on the popup message.
- Create a folder in your laptop or desktop and open it in VS Code.
- Once the VS Code is open, run
DroidScript: Initialize command from the command pallete. Press (Shift - Ctrl/Cmd - P) to open command pallete.
- When you run DroidScript: Initialize command, it will first display a popup where to
Enter IP Address. Enter the IP Address as shown in DroidScript app.
- If the IP Address is correct, another popup where to
Enter Password is shown. Type your password and press
- If the password is correct, a list dialog popup with the list of your DroidScript projects will be shown. Please select the project you want to work with.
You can now start editing your project files.
Tip: Make sure that a specific directory is associated to a specific DroidScript project. To open another DroidScript project, initialize another folder. This is to avoid files of multiple projects scrambled in one directory.
Play, Stop and Reload Project
At the bottom of VS Code, in the status bar you can see three icon buttons added, namely: Reload, Play, Stop.
- Reload - This will reload the current project files. Before you start editing your code, it is best practice to reload first in order to retrieved the updated files in your DroidScript project.
- Play - Run your DroidScript app.
- Stop - Stop the currently running app.
You can also you use command from the command pallette.
- Reload -
DroidScript: Reload command
- Play -
DroidScript: Run command
- Stop -
DroidScript: Stop command
Docs and Samples
Navigate to DroidScript panel in the SideBar to open DroidScript docs and samples.
DroidScript: Initialize - Initialize directory as a DroidScript project.
DroidScript: Reload - Reload the files in the current folder.
DroidScript: Run - Run the app associated with project folder.
DroidScript: Stop - Stop the currently running DS app.
- Everytime you start editing your project, it is a good idea to reload the files to fetch any changes on the Project. Click the Reload button or run the
DroidScript: Reload command.
- When you are working in VS Code, DO NOT EDIT THE FILES IN THE WIFI IDE.
- GineersLife: Jumar Hamac - email@example.com