Chutzpah Runner for Visual Studio Code
Execute Chutzpah tests from your context menu.
- Open Extensions sideBar panel in Visual Studio Code and choose the menu options for View → Extensions
- Search for
- Click Install
- Click Reload, if required
- Ensure you have Chutzpah test runner installed
- In VS Code preferences, go to
exePath to the full path of your
- Right click a .js file in the explorer
- "Run Chutzpah" to run in headless mode; or
- "Run Chutzpah in browser" to run in Chrome for debugging; or
- "Run Chutzpah with coverage" to run in Chrome with code coverage
||Temporary directory for Chrome profile. By default C:/ChromeDevSession or ~/ChromeDevSession will be used
||Print debug information in output
||Disable cross origin checks during tests
||Browser engine. Chrome (default) / jsdom / phantom
||Full path of your
||Number of threads to use when executing tests (default is auto)
||log tracing information in chutzpah.log
Things to be aware of
- If a
chutzpah.json file exists in the same folder, it will be used by Chutzpah automatically
- Launching Chutzpah in Chrome will open a seperate command window. This is to allow the Chutzpah dev server to run.
- Running with coverage will output cover stats to the output window, and to a html file (displayed at the end of the run).
- (Windows) If the Chutzpah exe is on a different drive to your test spec files, Chrome may fail to load blanket coverage. This appears to be a Chutzpah issue.
Pull requests are welcome. Please see contributing for instructions on how to build and test the extension.
Report bugs or feature requests to the bug tracker
- @mmanela for writing the excellent Chutzpah test runner
- VSCode for being awesome