The official VSCode plugin for ReScript.
You must have
bs-platform 8.3.3 installed locally in your project, through the usual npm installation. Older versions are not guaranteed to work.
Our highlighting works well with most popular VSCode themes, such as:
- Dark+ (default dark), Light+ (default light)
- Solarized Dark, Solarized Light
- Monokai Dimmed
- Tomorrow Night Blue
- One Dark Pro
- Mariana Pro
The only 2 themes we don't (and can't) support, due to their lack of coloring, are:
- Dark (Visual Studio), Light (Visual Studio)
If your custom theme doesn't seem to highlight much (e.g. no colors for upper-case JSX tag, no distinction between module and variant), try one of the recommended themes to see if that's the problem. For more info, see this post.
The plugin's on VSCode Marketplace. In VSCode,
cmd-shift-p -> "Install Extensions", then find "rescript-vscode".
The plugin activates on
.resi files. If you've already got Reason-Language-Server installed, it's possible that the latter took precedence over this one. Make sure you're using this plugin ("ReScript syntax") rather than Reason-Language-Server ("BuckleScript syntax").
- Syntax highlighting.
- Formatting, with caveats:
- Currently requires the file to be part of a ReScript project, i.e. with a
- Cannot be a temporary file.
- Syntax errors diagnosis (only after formatting).
- Built-in bsb watcher (optional, and exposed explicitly as a pop-up; no worries of dangling build).
- Type hint.
- Jump to location.
- Snippets to ease a few syntaxes:
external features such as
- Folding, and custom folding through
- Formatting of temporary files
- Formatting of files outside of a ReScript project root