Typopo extension for VS Code
Fix frequent microtypography errors in multiple languages in VS Code with Typopo. Write neat texts without bothering about typography rules. Typopo works for English, German, Slovak, Czech and Rusyn language.
Fix typos in code
Fix your texts with Typopo, so you don’t need to escape \"dumb quotes\" or place . Typopo will place all the relevant characters for you.
Fix typos in Markdown notes
Write neat notes without bothering about all the typography rules.
- Select text you wish to fix
- Fix it, either by
Typopo: Fix Typos via menu or via
Ctrl+Alt+T (Win) or
You can set:
- a default language for typography rules:
- choose to keep/remove empty lines
- choose to keep/remove whitespaces before a nested Markdown list
Typopo fixes microtypography hickups in five languages:
Typopo fixes punctuation:
- double quotes (and accidentally-typed punctuation related to the use of double quotes)
- double primes
- single quotes (with an assumption they are used as secondary and in pairs)
- single primes
- hyphens & dashes
- between words with a proper spacing per locale
- between ordinal and cardinal numbers (e.g. 1–3 eggs)
- within date (e.g. 2020–08–04)
- between percentage range (e.g. 20–30 %)
- period & ellipsis
Typopo fixes whitespace characters:
- removes extra white spaces
- at the beginning and the end of sentences (leading and trailing spaces)
- between words and paragraphs
- before or after a punctuation (where applicable)
- around an ellipsis and an aposiopesis (where applicable)
- between a number sign (#) and a number
- before ordinal indicators (e.g. 1 st → 1st)
- removes empty lines
- fixes non-breaking spaces
- removes a nbsp between multi-letter words
- replaces a space with a nbsp
- after one-word prepositions
- around “×”
- after “&”
- after cardinal numbers
- after ordinal numbers
- ordinal Roman numerals
- after name initials (i.e. Philip K. Dick)
- after common single-word and multiple-word abbreviations
- before % (percent), ‰ (per mille), ‱ (permyriad)
Typopo fixes words:
- accidental uPPERCASE
- spelling of e.g., i.e., a.m. and p.m.
- ISSN and ISBN formatting
Typopo fixes symbols:
- multiplication sign (2 x 3 → 2 × 3)
- section sign (§)
- copyright ((c)2020 → © 2020)
- sound recording copyright ((p)2020 → ℗ 2020)
- registered trademark (Brand(r) → Brand®)
- trademark (Brand(tm) → Brand™)
- plus-minus sign (+-, -+ → ±)
- square and cube exponents (e.g. 100 µm² → 100 µm², 50 km³ → 50 km³)
News & Releases
Check out the changelog for what’s has been released.
Subscribe to Typopo Newsletter to be the first to know about all the new features and improvements.
If you love Typopo and you find it helpful, support the project via Patreon. Or, give it a nice starry review here at marketplace.
Your support will let me continue improving Typopo ecosystem—the app, NPM package and VS Code Extension. Thanks!
Have you found a bug? Do you have an idea for a feature request? You’re more then welcome to submit an issue here on GitHub.
If you prefer to reach out me via email, feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensed under MIT license. (See LICENSE.txt.)