ActionScript & MXML language extension for Visual Studio Code
Provides code intelligence for the ActionScript & MXML programming languages. Supports projects built with a variety of SDKs and tools — including Adobe AIR, Adobe Animate, the classic Apache Flex and Adobe Flex SDKs, Apache Royale, and the Feathers SDK. Runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Extension created and maintained by Josh Tynjala. By becoming a patron, you can directly support the ongoing development of this project.
- Syntax Highlighting for ActionScript, MXML, and JSFL files.
- IntelliSense completion for classes and interfaces, imports, properties, methods, and more.
- Signature Help shows a list of parameters when calling functions.
- Errors and Warnings are updated in real time as you type (or on save only, if you prefer).
- Hover over a symbol to see more details such as types, namespaces, and more.
- Go to Definition with
Ctrl+Click on any usage of a symbol to open the file where it is defined.
- Find All References for any symbol in the project.
- Rename Symbol for classes, interfaces, methods, and variables.
- Organize Imports sorts imports alphabetically and removes unused imports.
- Quick Fixes to add missing imports, generate missing variables or methods, or convert variables to getters/setters.
- Outline view lists all symbols in the current file.
- Go to Symbol in Workspace with
Ctrl+T and type the name of any symbol in the workspace.
- Build Tasks can compile a project or package an Adobe AIR app with
- Debug SWF projects in Adobe AIR and Flash Player.
- Debug Apache Royale (formerly known as FlexJS) projects in web browsers and Node.js.
- Adobe Animate integration includes Test Movie, Debug Movie, and Publish.
- Import Projects from Adobe Flash Builder.
Help and Support
- Visual Studio Code 1.37
- Java 1.8 Runtime
Add a file named asconfig.json to the root of your project to enable the ActionScript & MXML extension.
A sample asconfig.json file for an Apache Royale project appears below:
Here's another sample asconfig.json file for a pure ActionScript project targeting Adobe AIR on mobile:
Support this project
The ActionScript & MXML language extension for Visual Studio Code is developed by Josh Tynjala — thanks to the generous support of developers and small businesses in the community. Folks just like you! By becoming a patron, you can join them in supporting the ongoing development of this project.
Support Josh Tynjala on Patreon
Special thanks to the following sponsors for their generous support: