ActionScript & MXML language extension for Visual Studio Code
Provides ActionScript & MXML language support for Visual Studio Code — including a debugger for Adobe AIR and Flash Player. Supports projects using a variety of SDKs (including Adobe AIR, Apache Flex, Feathers SDK, and Apache Royale). Runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux. Open source and developed with community support.
- Syntax Highlighting for ActionScript and MXML files.
- IntelliSense completion for classes and interfaces, imports, properties, methods, and more.
- Signature Help shows a list of parameters when calling functions.
- Errors and Warnings are updated in real time as you type.
- Hover over a symbol to see more details such as types, namespaces, and more.
- Go to Definition with a
Ctrl+Click on any usage of a symbol.
- Find All References for any symbol in the project.
- Rename Symbol for classes, interfaces, methods, and both local and member variables.
- Organize Imports sorts imports alphabetically and removes unused imports.
- Quick Fixes to add missing imports, add missing variables or methods, or generate getters/setters.
- Outline view lists all symbols in the current file.
- Go to Symbol in Workspace with
Ctrl+T and type the name of any symbol in the workspace.
- Build a project with
Ctrl+Shift+B or Quick Compile & Debug with
- Debug SWF projects in Adobe AIR and Flash Player.
- Debug Apache Royale (formerly known as FlexJS) projects in web browsers and Node.js.
Help and Support
- Visual Studio Code 1.30
- Java 1.8 Runtime
Add a file named asconfig.json to the root of your project to enable the ActionScript & MXML extension.
A sample asconfig.json file for an Apache Royale project appears below:
Here's another sample asconfig.json file for a pure ActionScript project targeting Adobe AIR on mobile:
Support this project
The ActionScript & MXML language extension for Visual Studio Code is developed by Josh Tynjala — thanks to the generous support of developers and small businesses in the community. Folks just like you! Please consider becoming a patron.
Support Josh Tynjala on Patreon
Special thanks to the following sponsors for their generous support: