VSCode extension for Kubeless
This extension is under heavy development so it is subject to change at any time.
You can install this extension from the marketplace
This plugin support several commands for interacting with Kubeless and Kubernetes. For executing them open the Command Palette (⇧⌘P (Windows, Linux Ctrl+Shift+P)) and type:
Deploy Function: Deploy the current file as a Kubeless function
Call Function: Call the current function
Get Function Logs: Display the logs of the current function
Delete Function: Delete the current function
Configuring Function Properties
After executing one of the above command a file is created under
PROJECT_WORKSPACE/.vscode/funcs.json. This file includes the properties of a function regarding a specific file. For example:
"text": "def hello():\n return \"hello world\"\n",
You can modify some of these parameters to change the deployment of the function:
- ID: Function ID
- Handler: Identifies the function exported in the file. In this example we are exposing the function
hello of the file
- Runtime: Runtime to use for running the function.
- Deps: Dependencies of the function. This field is automatically refreshed each time a command is executed.
- Text: Function text. This field is automatically refreshed each time a command is executed.
- Namespace: Kubernetes namespace in which the function should be deployed.
- Events: Events that should trigger the function execution.
http is chosen the code will be trigger with HTTP GET/POST calls. In the case of using
trigger the function will be executed when some message is published under certain topic.
- Hostname: (Only for
http type) Hostname in which the function should be deployed.
- Path: (Only for
http type) Subpath in which the function should be deployed.
- Trigger: (Only for
trigger type) Trigger topic.
- Environment: Key/Value for Environment variables that the function should have available.
- Memory Size: Maximum memory size to use for the function. F.e. '128Mi'