Kata is a simple automator for everyday note taking and journaling. It is a part of Teamed with Kata extension pack.
Each note entry will:
- be saved in
.md file with name in date-name form like a
- have an YAML meta data header. It contains "title" and "tags" sections with autocompletion and can be extended.
Hotkey for todo state cycling (Ctrl+Shift+Q)
- Brief stats (F1 →
Kata: Show statistics)
- Nested todos
- Works with old-fashioned cloud sync and git
- Grammar injection for theming ("closed" tasks dimming)
- All your files and notes are only yours.
🎮 How to install
- Install Kata. Choose one of the options below:
- directly from Marketplace OR from VS Code itself (View → Extensions)
- If you need totally the same "screenshot-like" appearance and features like wiki links, graph, pdf export, etc, install Teamed with Kata extension pack instead and follow steps from it's description.
- Create empty file named
.kata and put it to your notes directory. If you have no notes yet create at least one
.md file manually.
- Open your notes directory from VS Code as a folder.
⚙️ Extension Settings
This extension contributes the following VS Code settings:
kata.strikethruOnDone: If enabled all closed tasks will wrapped in
~~ so it will be ~~stroke~~ during rendering depending on theme. Enabled by default.
- Kata activated only in
.md files. Be sure you have at least one in your Notes folder.
- Mostly unusual behavior of VS Code can be resolved with F1 →
Reload window command.