Visual Studio Code Extension for SASjs
This project contains the source code for the SASjs VS Code extension, available in the following locations:
Execute code on SAS Viya
When a SAS program is selected, you can click the running man icon to execute that code on SAS Viya.
The first time you do this, you will receive a series of prompts:
- Name of Target. This is an alias relating to the server on which you intend to run the code. It will be added as a GLOBAL target, located at
~/.sasjsrc. More info here).
- Server Url. The full URL (including port if needed) of your SAS Viya server.
- Server Type. Currenly only SAS Viya is supported.
- CLIENT / SECRET. You will need to ask your administrator for these, and they should have the
authorization_code grant type. More info here.
- Select default. Click 'yes' to avoid having to select your target each time.
You can now execute code! You can also highlight a section of code and run that. Each log returned will be stored in a
sasjsresults folder. You can also run the
SASjs: Execute Code command from the command palette(
SAS Lint and Format
Spend less time on code reviews and more time pushing code! Select VIEW->PROBLEMS (or ctrl+shift+M) to examine the currently opened SAS program for issues.
Rules can be configured by creating a
.sasjslint file in the root of your project as follows:
We've now added the ability to automatically fix certain problems within SAS files, such as trailing spaces, missing Doxygen header blocks and missing macro names in
You can use this feature in two ways:
On demand - by selecting 'Format Document' either from the right click menu or from the command palette.
By enabling automatic formatting of files on save/paste from the Settings menu.
Two themes are provided with SAS Code formatting - a Light Theme and a Dark Theme
SASjs is an open source project, and contributions are warmly welcomed!