Git Mob VS Code extension
Provides a UI for the command-line application Git Mob
Includes co-authors in commits when you collaborate on code. Use when pairing with a buddy or mobbing with your team.
Read our blog post to find out why git-mob exists: http://tech.findmypast.com/co-author-commits-with-git-mob
git-mob will be installed globally with this extension.
If not installed run this:
npm i -g git-mob (Please follow the setup instructions on git-mob)
Please use latest version of
- Add and remove co-authors from commit messages
- View all your co-authors in SCM (git) tab
- Search for & select an author from the "More Authors" list (all contributors to the repository).
- Manage your co-authors in
- Add new co-authors from current repository into your
- Solo remove all co-authors from current commit
- Reload Git Mob and auto reload when updating
.git-coauthors file in VS Code
- Status bar shows if using
template file or
- If you change co-authors in command line it will update in VS Code
Add new co-authors
Add your co-authors to the
.git-coauthors files in your user folder.
ctrl+shift+p -> "Open .git-coauthors file")
Add new co-authors from repository
Click the plus button on authors items under More Authors.
Search "More Authors"
Click the search icon on the More Authors section.