Improve linking from Git repositories to external sources.
I find the current UI features in VS Code too limiting to represent Git features in a convenient way. There is also so many connected documents to Git repos (issues, PRs, etc) which I think can be better linked from VS Code.
Introduce a clean and connected interface for viewing the Git and related documents in VS Code SCM panel.
Status Currently building Alpha release
Type "Git-Ease" in VS Code extensions panel or VS Code marketplace Git Ease.
~Download the latest
.vsix file in releases assets.~
~Read my tweet for manual install instructions.~
- View easy to read Git log
co-authored-by meta data
- Support Git emojis
- Copy previous commit messages
- Link to remote repository issues (GitHub, enterprise GitHub and Bit Bucket) Example: Scans for #1 and links to issue 1
- Link to remote repository commits (GitHub and enterprise GitHub)
- Link to project management tools like Jira by providing custom Regex patterns. See settings how to setup.
- List file changes for a commit, open associated file and view file diff.
Commit log -> linkPatterns
Configurable in JSON settings only
Provide three properties pre pattern to find custom patterns in the commit log to link from.
pattern = Regex format as a string. Regex groups are needed to match with format numbers
urlFormat = Url to source like Jira issue. Number will be replaced by matching Regex group
textFormat = Text to display. Number will be replaced by matching Regex group