NAVBaaS-Git for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
This extension provides the integration between your dockerized C/SIDE development environment and git.
The commands will take care of keeping your C/SIDE development environment in sync with your git repository so that you can focus on what's really important: developing!
If you're having trouble with the NAVBaaS.Git extension, please follow these instructions
to file an issue on our GitHub repository:
Make sure to fill in as much information as possible and try to provide a reproduction scenario.
- Git for Windows Download Link.
- Windows or Windows Server with Docker for Windows installed Follow Instructions.
- Your Dynamics NAV solution must at least be based on NAV 2016 or beyond.
- PowerShell Module: Navcontainerhelper (will be installed and managed by the extension)
- PowerShell Module: SqlServer (will be installed and managed by the extension)
This extension will add a number of settings to your Visual Studio Code User Settings, all prefixed with NAVBaaS.
When following the normal flows as described below there's no need to adjust these settings manually.
- Install the extension and press reload so that the extension can be used.
- Run Visual Studio Code with Administrator privileges.
- Execute command: NAVBaaS: Go! command and follow the steps.
- Move your splitted objects (text files) to the modified folder.
It is required to use the default file naming conventions, for example: TAB1, COD1, PAG1.
- Stage and commit your files.
- Execute command: NAVBaaS: Create Container command to create your dockerized C/SIDE development environment.
- Execute command: NAVBaaS: Sync. command to initially import all the objects from your git repository.
If you already have your solution in git, please be aware that by default, the extension expects the following two folders in the root:
You can change this by adjusting the following user settings:
Below you can find a list of all the commands together with a brief explanation.
Command used to initially setup the extension on your machine, it will perform the following actions:
- Select your git repository.
- Initialize the folder structure in your git repository.
- Select your Dynamics NAV development license.
- Install the required PowerShell modules.
NAVBaaS: Open Git Repository Folder
Opens your configured git repository folder.