GitHub Copilot Chat
GitHub Copilot Chat is a companion extension to GitHub Copilot that houses preview Chat features:
- Chat view: Ask Copilot for help with any task or question in the Chat view, bringing in code from your current files.
- Inline Chat: Apply Copilot's AI suggestions directly to your code, staying in the flow.
- Quick Chat: Bring up a Chat-powered command palette for quick questions and suggestions.
To learn more about GitHub Copilot Chat, read our doc.
Review the transparency note to understand about usage, limitations and ways to improve Copilot Chat during the technical preview.
⚠️ Check each requirement if Copilot Chat doesn't work:
- Install/update the latest Visual Studio Code (Command Palette:
> Code: Check for Updates).
- Install/update the latest GitHub Copilot Chat extension (Command Palette:
> Extensions: Update All Extensions).
- Your GitHub account that is signed into VS Code must have an active Copilot subscription (check your subscription).
Learn Copilot Chat in less than 4 minutes with our quickstart video or read VS Code's Copilot Chat documentation.
We’d love to get your help in making GitHub Copilot better! If you have feedback or encounter any problems, please submit it with our feedback form.
Your code is yours. We follow responsible practices in accordance with our Privacy Statement to ensure that your code snippets will not be used as suggested code for other users of GitHub Copilot.