Textile Language Features
Full featured document live preview and rich language support, for the Textile markup language.
Based on the source code of Visual Studio Code's Markdown Language Features, it uses a modified version of textile.js Textile parser in order to display the live preview.
Working with Textile
Create or open any file with a .textile extension, and then you can toggle the visualization of the editor between the code and the preview of the Textile file.
To switch between views, press (Ctrl+Shift+V) in the editor. You can view the preview side-by-side (Ctrl+K V) with the file you are editing and see changes reflected in real-time as you edit.
This extension is entirely based on the Markdown preview provided by Visual Studio Code, and offers the same level of functionality :
- view Textile source and its HTML preview side by side, with synchronised scrolling;
- include images, from local or network, with manageable security of the preview's content;
- click on links, in the source view and in the HTML preview.
Internal and external links to a paragraph headline of a textile file are supported (slugify);
- see the document headlines structure in the outline view;
- fold paragraphs from their headline, multi-line list-items, code blocks, and special HTML comments
<!-- #region [Optional text] --> and
<!-- #endregion [Optional text] -->.
- blockquote syntax coloring, with
<pre><code class="language">, or
Look at the official highlight.js documentation for the list of supported languages.
And also :
- the HTML preview supports VSCode light and dark themes;
- the extension is translated into the 9 VSCode core languages.
Some features of the original Markdown preview have been disabled.
To see the full list of features and interactions, you can read the documentation of the Visual Studio Code's Markdown Language Features.
Features considered out of scope of this extension :
Maybe implemented, if requested :
All bugs and enhancements are tagged. Mostly :
- Implement missing features (see above), keep in sync with VSCode and Textile-JS updates, ...
- All remaining ToDOs and issues will be triaged and planned soon, now that the first release has been made available.
Your support is greatly appreciated !
Before contributing, take the time to read the contributing guide.
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.
It is entirely based on :
It includes a modified version of textile-js under the terms of the MIT license.
The Textile logo mark is from Textile logo marks under Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) License.