Elrond IDE for Visual Studio Code
This Visual Studio Code extension is under development: CHANGELOG
What is it?
Elrond IDE is an extension for Visual Studio Code that offers development support for Elrond Smart Contracts.
Elrond IDE supports the following programming languages:
- Rust - recommended. For Rust, the IDE also provides a step-by-step debugging experience, via elrond-wasm-debug and CodeLLDB.
- C / C++
- Build Smart Contracts to WASM
- Step-by-step debugging Rust smart contracts
- Automatically download tools and dependencies
How to get it
Elrond IDE can be installed from the Visual Studio Code Marketplace.
Requirements and dependencies
- Linux is supported
- Windows is not supported yet
- MacOS is supported
If you experience any issues, please let us know on Github or on Telegram.
erdpy is the backend of the Visual Studio Code extension. erdpy is required by the Elrond IDE. In order to install it, please follow these steps.
The extension, via
erdpy, will automatically download its external dependencies, so you do not have to worry much about setting up the development environment. These automatically installed dependencies include:
- Arwen Tools (Mandos framework, Arwen Debug)
LLVM (clang, llc, wasm-ld etc.)
This extension contributes the following commands (
How to publish an update of the extension
- Bump version in
- Push to GitHub
- Publish release on Github, add release notes
- Update changelog via
make changelog, commit & push
- Publish to VSCode Marketplace via