ColaBOT: AI assistant for VS Code
ColaBOT is an AI assistant for Visual Studio Code that helps you write code faster and more efficiently. With ColaBOT, you can ask questions about your code, get explanations for complex concepts, and generate code snippets based on your input.
- Ask ColaBOT: Ask ColaBOT questions about your code and get instant answers.
- Explain ColaBOT: Get explanations for complex concepts and programming terms.
- Get Code: Generate code snippets based on your input.
- Set API Key: Set your API key for ColaBOT.
- Remove API Key: Remove your API key for ColaBOT.
- AI Commit: Use AI to commit your code changes.
- Sidebar chat for interacting with ColaBOT. (NEW ✨)
- Visual Studio Code version 1.75.0 or higher.
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- Go to the Extensions view by clicking on the Extensions icon in the Activity Bar on the side of the window or by pressing
- Search for "ColaBOT" in the search bar.
- Click on the "Install" button for the ColaBOT extension.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to reload Visual Studio Code.
To use ColaBOT, you must first set your API key. To do this, press
Ctrl+Shift+P to open the Command Palette, and search for "ColaBOT: Set API Key". Then, select your AI provider (OpenAI or Cohere) and enter your API key.
Once your API key is set, you can use the following commands:
- Get Code: Press
Ctrl+Shift+I to generate code snippets based on your input.
- Keep your cursor at the end of the same comment line.
- Ask ColaBOT: Press
Ctrl+Shift+P to open the Command Palette, and search for "ColaBOT: Ask ColaBOT". Then, enter your question and press Enter to get an answer.
Ask Code Selected
- Ask ColaBOT with code selection: With Right click in your selection you are able to ask something with that selection as context.
- Explain ColaBOT: With Right click in your selection code or Press
Ctrl+Shift+P to open the Command Palette, and search for "ColaBOT: Explain ColaBOT". This will return an explanation of what that specific code selection does.
AI Commits (NEW ✨)
- To use AI to commit your code, run the "AI Commit" command (under the "ColaBOT (Git)" category). ColaBOT will generate a commit message using AI, and you can choose whether to use gitmoji and/or semantic versioning in your commit.
You can configure ColaBOT by going to File > Preferences > Settings, and searching for "ColaBOT". Here, you can set the following options:
- API Key: Set your API key and IA provider for ColaBOT.
- Model: The model to use for ColaBOT.
- Max Tokens: The maximum number of tokens to generate.
- Temperature: The temperature of the model (between 0 and 1).
- Git Moji: Whether to use gitmoji in your SemVer commits
- Semantic Versioning Specification: Whether to use semantic versioning specification in your commits
This extension is licensed under the MIT License.
This project was inspired by:
This README was generated by ColaBOT 🤖