Brainfuck All In One
Brainfuck All In One provides full support for brainfuck developing.
For this extension to work, your brainfuck file should have '.bf' file extension.
- Inlay Hints
- Running brainfuck program with/without JIT
- Debugging (To be done)
Use 'Format Document' command to format current .bf file.
The formatter will try to format in following rule:
- '[' & ']' will occupy a single line and indent internal symbols.
- zero or more movements(<>), one or more calculations(+-), and zero or more IO(.,) will compose a line.
The linting tool will work automatically for .bf files.
- only '+-<>,.' are valid brainfuck symbols
- support '//' & '/* */' style comment
The extension provides three commands:
- 'Brainfuck: Run current file with JIT enabled': This command will precompile the whole program into x86_64 assembly code and then start executing. This mode is suitable for compute-intensive programs.
- 'Brainfuck: Run current file without JIT": This command will interpret brainfuck program one token after another. This mode is suitable for small programs.
- 'Brainfuck: Run current file with automatic JIT': This command will first launch the program without JIT, and when it detects a loop is executed for 3 times, it will trigger JIT to begin compiling this loop in background and switch to compiled code when ready. This mode is balanced.
The extension provides a DAP to run and debug .bf file, and supports following features:
- view current pointer and memory
To debug a .bf file, use following config in .vscode/launch.json: