This extension allows you review pull requests on github withing vscode!
- Compare changes
- Leave comments on changes
- View all the comments left on a specific file
- Submit a pull request review (Comment, Approve, Reject)
- Checkout your local branch to the PR's head.
What's the workflow?
- Start the flow by running - "Select a pull request to work on"
- Select a pull request
- Once a PR is selected, the file changes and the original files will be downloaded.
- You should be able to see all the files in the explorer window -
- When a file is selected - you will see the diff.
- You can leave a comment in any line / send a review on this PR (Approve/Reject/Comment) -
You must generate a personal access token.
To do so, go to https://github.com/settings/tokens/new.
Important: Make sure you give repositories read permission when creating the token
Afterwards, select the command "add github token" from the command platte.