This Action tries to release a VScode plugin via the vsce tool.
Make sure to pass a PUBLISHER_TOKEN an explanation on how to register a token can be found here.
You have to create an Azure DevOps organization to publish a VScode extension.
1. Create an account or sign in into your existing account by going to here
2. Go to dev azure portal and create a new organization by clicking New Organizaion
3. Click on your profile picture and on the menu item Security
4. Create a new token and make sure you have selected All accessible organizations and Custom defined permissions to allow manage the marketplace
5. Make sure that you have defined the following information in the package.json
"name": "your extension name", // ⚠️ make sure to use a unique name
"version": "0.0.1", // ⚠️ you can not release a package twice with the same version
"publisher": "YOUR_PUBLISHER_NAME", // ⚠️ be aware that the publisher field must match the logged in vsce publisher...
PUBLISHER_TOKEN - Required to publish a release to vscode Marketplace