Visual Studio Code extension that facilitates searching for uncommitted source code text changes across multiple Git repositories.
🛠️ Installation guide
vsc-diff-regex in vscode extension market and hit
Install. If the extension doesn't load then please reload vscode window.
📚 How to use
Please follow the steps below:
- Activate extension by clicking on an extension icon (bar where you can also find Explorer and Source Control icons).
- Enter a regular expression.
- If there are any matches you should see results under the input field. You can click on any of the found lines to open the file.
🔩 Extension Settings
In order to change extension settings please head to
Settings and search for
Currently, the only configurable part of this extension is a highlight color of a found expression.
🪲 Known Issues
- Improve Myers Diff Algorithm implementation (current implementation is neither stack-safe nor optimal causing extension to freeze when one of the modified files is more than 1-2k LOC).
- Add more abort signals to analysing function (to make search more reactive).
Feel free to open an issue to report a bug or propose improvements.
📰 Release Notes