A Visual Studio Code extension that allows users to create a link to the remote origin of a selected line or range of code.
- Generate a link to the remote origin of a selected line of code.
- Generate a link to the remote origin of a selected range of code.
- Works with both SSH and HTTPS git origins.
- Supports Bitbucket URLs.
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- Go to the Extensions view by clicking on the square icon on the sidebar, or press
- Search for "Origin Link" and install it.
- Open a file in Visual Studio Code.
- Select a line or range of code.
- Right-click and choose "Get Origin Link" to copy the link to your clipboard.
- You can also choose "Open Origin Link" to open the link in your default web browser.
No additional configuration is needed.
If you find any issues or have a feature request, please open an issue on the GitHub repository.
Note: Handling various git providers is surprisingly tricky. Please include the following with any issue:
- Push and Fetch URLs
git remote show origin in the root of your project
- An example of a correct url for your remote repository
- Needed in order to validate correct output. No access to the remote repository is needed.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details.