Select Next Occurrence
This extension makes it possible to select multiple occurrences of a selected text for simultaneous editing with multiple cursors. Provides the most common multi-editing features.
Aims to replicate the multi-editing features of Sublime Text/Visual Studio Code for faster coding.
- Select next occurrence of current selection
- Select next exact occurrence (overrides Find-dialog)
- Select previous occurrence
- Select previous exact occurrence (overrides Find-dialog)
- Select all occurrences
- Convert a selection into multiple cursors
- Skip occurrence
- Undo occurrence
- Add caret above/below
- Use multiple carets to edit
- Alt-Click to add caret
- Multiple copy/paste across files and to external programs
- Toggle case-sensitive search by using the "Match case" setting from the find-dialog (Ctrl+F)
- Toggle "Match whole word" search by using the "Match whole word" setting from the find-dialog (Ctrl+F)
- Deactivate Alt-Clicking to add carets in options-dialog
Go to Tools -> Options -> Keyboard and search for these command names to edit at your choice. Make sure the Use new shortcut in is set to: Text Editor
|Command (prefix SelectNextOccurrence.)
||Ctrl+Shift+I or Alt+Shift+I (vscode))
- Nothing happens when pressing assigned keys
Check that the key-bindings are correct and that the Use new shortcut in is set to: Text Editor.
- Nothing happens when ALT + left-clicking mouse button to add new caret, multiple edits are unresponsive
There is a possibility that other plugins use this functionality too, and a conflict occurs. Please check for other installed plugins with this feature and try to disable.
- Copy/cut multiple occurrences doesnt work as expected
There is a conflict with the extension Copy As Html, if you have this enabled, try to disable it and see if this helps.
This is absolutely 100% free, a review or a Github star is much appreciated. If you still would like to support me for whatever reason, I'd accept a donation at https://www.paypal.me/thomaswelen