Paradox Language Features for Visual Studio Code
This extension is still in preview, it may not work, it may stop working at any time.
Make backups of your mod files.
- Europa Universalis IV
- Crusader Kings II - coming soon
- Hearts of Iron IV - coming soon
- Immediate highlighting of syntax errors
- Autocomplete while you type, providing descriptions when available
- Tooltips on hover showing:
- Related localisation
- Documentation for that element
- Scope context at that position
- A wide range of validators for common, interface, and events, checking
- That required localisation keys are defined
- Existence of effects/triggers/modifiers
- Scope context for used effects/triggers/modifiers
- Usage of scripted effects/triggers
- Correct entries for weights/AI_chance/etc
- That event_targets are saved before they're used
- That referenced sprites and graphics files exist
- and a number of other specific validators
- "Code actions" to generate .yml for missing localisation
Go to definition
Find all references
Install this extension
If on linux, possibly follow these instructions
If on linux, install libcurl3
Either open your mod folder directly
or open the Game folder containing your mods. E.g. for Stellaris this can be one of:
- "C:\Users\name\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris"
- "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris"
or on linux
- "/home/name/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Stellars"
For EU4/HOI4/CK2: Follow the prompts to select your vanilla folder
Edit files and watch syntax errors show up when you make mistakes
Wait up to a minute for the extension to scan all your mods and find all errors