New Moon Syntax Theme
The optimized dark theme for web development.
Intuitive Syntax Highlighting
- HTML & CSS work together
- Optimized for JSX and React
- Clear distinctions between code and markup
New Moon is available for:
Note: The Visual Studio Code, Chrome DevTools, and iTerm2 themes are actively maintained.
What Are People Saying?
“Absolutely beautiful theme. Definitely deserves more recognition.”
“Undoubtedly the best color theme ever. Just install and see yourself. The background color is perfect for long time exposure to the eyes. And the code color is well lit and separated from each other.”
— Ibnul Alam
“Great theme for long coding hours.”
“Really surprised this theme isn't more popular. It's a joy to use for HTML/CSS/JS and PHP. I like that it isn't heavy on blue colors like a lot of the popular dark themes.”
“I've been using New Moon for several weeks now, I love it. The color palette is very easy on the eyes, especially after a few hours of coding.”
New Moon can be installed through the package/extension/plugin manager by searching for "new-moon".
- Navigate to chrome://flags, find Developer Tools Experiments and toggle to Enabled.
- Reload Chrome.
- In DevTools, click the three dots menu, go to Settings -> Experiments and select Allow UI Themes.
- Set theme to "Dark Mode"
- Load a new tab and enjoy your awesome new DevTools theme!
- iTerm2 > Preferences > Profiles > Colors
- Load Presets
- Select Import
- Select New Moon from color presets
This project is open source and available under the MIT License.