This VSCODE linter plugin provides
an interface to the Lightning Linter in the Heroku Toolbelt or in alternative to Salesforce DX CLI.
- per file linting on save or open (deviation from default cli behaviour which scans whole directories only)
- will only lint lightning component .js files, no others
- show errors only // ignore warnings
Before installing this plugin, you must ensure that
Heroku CLI toolbelt is installed on your
system. For detailed instructions see Heroku.com
If you instead want to run Salesforce DX make sure to install the CLI from here.
Notes for Windows
- please install Ruby before installing Heroku
- Heroku will otherwise install its own instance of Ruby incl PATH vars. These might cause issues
- tested on a Win10 machine with most recent Windows Insider Built
Notes for Mac
- initial release did not support Mac, it does now.
Makre sure you
heroku is added to your PATH. After verifying that
Lightning Linter works from your terminal, proceed to install the extension.