Visual Studio Code Slack extension
This extension is not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc.
You can install this extension by pressing F1 in Visual Studio Code, then typing "ex install" and selecting it from the list.
Go to User Settings (File > Preferences > User Settings) and add the following
"slack.teamToken": "<your team token>",
"slack.username": "<your username>",
"slack.avatarUrl" : "<your avatar url>"
- defaults to "Code"
- Specified username will be attributed to each message
- Send messages to
- private groups
- Can send message:
- from selected code
- from user input
- @user, #channel supported (at the beginning of message)
- Autofill last used channel/user/group
- Upload files
- current open file
- enter file path manually
- selected text in open file
- Snooze notifications
- CTRL + ALT + N : Send new message
- CTRL + ALT + U : Send selection
- CTRL + ALT + J : Upload current file
Feedback / Bug report / feature request