Steep VSCode Integration
This extension is to integrate Steep to Visual Studio Code.
It has LSP features including:
- On-the-fly error reporting
- Hover for method calls and variables
- Completion for method names and variables
Commands and options
- Restart all command restarts all Steep processes running for the VSCode. Try this command if something is not working correctly.
- Loglevel option allows to control log level of Steep command. If you set
debug, many debug prints will be printed and will help you debugging Steep.
How it works
When you open folder in VSCode, it checks if there is a
Steepfile in the directory.
Steepfile is found, it starts Steep by
bundle exec steep langserver.
If you have a binstub
bin/steep, it will be used instead of
bundle exec steep. (
- You have to have
Steepfile in the root of the folder.
- You have to use Bundler.
I want to thank @wata727 for his works related to language server protocol support.
He implemented the initial version of VSCode extension (wata727/vscode-steep-lsc) and LSP support in Steep.