Soar Language Support for VSCode
This extension provides support for the Soar language through the use
of the Language Server Protocol.
- Tcl expansion: The extension will create a file called
~tcl-expansion.soar. Whenever the cursor is on a command that
defines a production (such as
sp or a Tcl macro that internall
generates productions), this file will be updated with the raw Soar
code that is generated.
- Go to definition: For Tcl variables and Tcl procedures.
- Find references: For Tcl variables and Tcl procedures.
- Hover for Tcl variable values
- Hover for Tcl procedure documentation: Hovering over a Tcl proc
call will show the comments immediately preceding its definition.
- Error and warning reporting: All code is actually executed in an
internal JSoar instance. If this produces any errors or warnings,
these are captured and displayed within the IDE. The IDE attempts to
continue past errors so that the analysis is as complete as
- Rename: Tcl variables can be renamed, and the known instances
are all updated.
- Autocomplete: A list of Tcl procs will be shown when typing
top-level commands or
[. A list of Tcl variables is shown after
- Code Folding: Comments, rules, and Tcl procs can be folded.
- Syntax highlighting: Provided by Bryan DeGrendel's
In order for the Soar LSP to know how to load your agent, you need to
soarAgents.json file at the root of your workspace. This
file defines the agents that are present in the workspace, and which
one to use as the default. A default is needed because there is
currently no way to resolve conflicts for things like "Go to
Definition" when two different agents define the same variable.
Here's an example:
entryPoints list defines the name and start file for each
agent. There should be at least one entry in here. The
is the name of the agent to use as the default. This should match the
name of one of the entries in the
rhsFunctions list is optional. This is a list of right hand side
functions that should not produce warnings even though they are not
defined by default.
This extension contributes the following settings:
soar.langaugeServer.enable: enable/disable language server support for
soar.languageServer.executablePath: Absolute path to the Soar Language Server executable
soar.trace.server: Traces the communication between VS Code and the language server
soar.maxNumberOfProblems: Controls the maximum number of problems produced by the server.