Smart Semicolon Extension
This extension places semicolons at the end of an expression.
This extension detects line comments and language brackets and configures the end of the current expression.
Automatic Line Change
When enabled, this extension automatically inserts a new line below the current cursor and put the cursor at the beginning of the new line on a semicolon key. The exceptions are when:
- If the current line is the only line inside a code block.
- If the below line is a code.
- If the current line has a close bracket after this expression.
- If the current line contains any of
autoLineChangeExceptionKeywords (for example, you don't want to insert a new line after
throw keywords in C#).
In case you don't want the newly-inserted line, simply putting another semicolon will cancel the insertion, and the cursor goes back to the previous position.
smartsemicolon.enable: enable this extension on/off.
smartsemicolon.autoLineChange: enable the automatic line changing feature on/off.
- Cannot detect multi-lined comments. To insert a semicolon inside a multi-lined comment, users must manually toggle the extension off.
- Users must provide information about languages where this extension will take actions. Currently, extensions cannot retrieve language configurations from the Visual Studio Code.
smartsemicolon.languages settings removed.
- No duplicate semicolons