VS Code Zsh Debug
A zsh debugger GUI frontend based on awesome
zshdb scripts (zshdb included in package).
This is a SIMPLE zshdb debugger frontend. Useful for learning zsh shell usage and writing simple scripts.
Useful hint: shellcheck extension does a great job with finding common script errors before debugging.
- Select Debug -> Add Configuration to add custom debug configuration (drop-down, path-input, etc...)
- Select Debug -> Start Debugging (F5) to start debugging
See https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/debugging for general usage.
- Debugging auto-configuration via
- Simple debugging in hello world application
- Standard input handling via terminal
- Pause support while script is running
- Advanced "Watch" and "Debug console" usage
- Conditional breakpoints usage
For Windows users:
For macOS users:
- Read here if your mac has
4.3.6-dev-2 or later
Limitations and known problems
- Currently debugger stops at first command
$0 variable shows path to zshdb